VCA Welcomes New Board of Directors at Executive Summit
Washington, D.C. (February 6, 2007) – The Vision Council of America (VCA) officially inducted its 2007 officers and board of directors at the VCA Executive Summit held at the Arizona Biltmore Resort and Spa in Phoenix, Arizona, January 31-February 2, 2007.
Newly elected chairman, Larry Clarke of Satisloh North America, Inc., will serve with R. Michael Daley of Essilor Lenses as vice-chair, Raanan Naftalovich of Shamir Insight, Inc. as secretary/treasurer and Andrea Gluck of Eyewear Designs Limited as immediate past chairman. Currently serving on VCA’s board of directors are:
- James Anderson, VCA Legal Counsel
- Martin Bassett, Walman Optical
- Al Berg, Marchon Eyewear, Inc.
- Richard Bullwinkle, DAC Vision
- Pierre Fay, Luxottica Group
- Ed Greene, VCA
- Donald Howard, Kenmark Group
- Richard Russo, Safilo USA
- Gerard Santinelli, Santinelli International
VCA division chairs also serve on the board and include:
- Eyewear and Accessories Division: James Shyer, Zyloware Corporation
- Lens Division: Douglas Hepper, Vision-Ease Lens
- Lens Processing Technology Division: David Beach, National Optronics, Inc.
- Low Vision Division: Richard Feinbloom, Designs for Vision, Inc.
- Better Vision Institute: Elaine Hathaway, M.D., New Brunswick Eye Associates
Retiring from VCA's board of directors this year are Richard Elias of PPG Industries Inc., Claudio Gottardi of Safilo USA, Cathy Doty, O.D. of New Bern Family Eye Care and Alan Ritter of Universal Photonics, Inc.
This year’s Executive Summit was attended by nearly 150 representatives from VCA member companies. Themed “THRIVE! Turning Challenges Into Profits,” meetings focused on the economic impact of politics, energy and economic fluctuations on the optical industry, as well as trends in retail and managed care. The Summit’s keynote speaker, acclaimed loyalty expert and New York Times bestseller Fred Reichheld, led a session on transforming customers into promoters who in turn generate increased profits and true growth, which are essential to thriving in today’s market.
In addition to educational programming and networking events, the Executive Summit provided an opportunity for VCA to carry out member business. Meetings were conducted by VCA’s board of directors, Eyewear and Accessories, Lens and Lens Processing Technology Divisions, as well as Show, AR Steering, Statistics, Strategic Communications, Program and Government Relations Committees.
VCA’s next Executive Summit is scheduled for January 23-26, 2008, at the Ritz Carlton Golf Resort in Naples, Florida.