The Vision Council Announces 2014 Executive Summit Agenda and Speaker Lineup
Alexandria, VA (September 5, 2013) - The Vision Council, the largest association of manufacturers and suppliers of the optical industry, has announced its 2014 Executive Summit agenda and keynote speaker lineup. The Vision Council's Executive Summit will be held Wednesday, January 22 through Friday, January 24, at the Trump International Beach Resort in Miami, Fla.
During the three-day event, more than 15 business experts, economists, entrepreneurs, and thought leaders will take the stage to share best practices on topics designed to help companies drive innovation, build a sound business strategy and implement relevant leadership tactics.
Highlights of the 2014 Executive Summit agenda include:
- Featured speakers
- Ron Kirk, former U.S. Trade Representative and Mayor of Dallas, on Trade, Jobs, Competitiveness
- Fred Dust, partner at the award-winning design consultancy group IDEO, on Unlocking the Potential of Innovation
- Brian Beaulieu, market trend analyst for the Institute for Trend Research, on Seeing the Future First
- Industry panels
- A CEO panel discussion on Game Changing Trends in Advertising and Public Relations facilitated by Howard Purcell, O.D., F.A.A.O., Dipl., senior vice president of customer development for Essilor of America, Inc.
- A 90-minute Healthcare Reform Mega Session to address recent and imminent changes affecting the optical industry.
- Charles Posternack, M.D., chief medical officer for Boca Raton Regional Hospital and chairman of the board for PFO Global, on The Paradigm Shift in Healthcare
- Brian Hauser, general manager - U.S. and Canada for Transitions Optical, will facilitate a panel of executive-level representatives from managed care tackling Health Care Reform and the Optical Industry
- 'Innovation Workshop'
- Led by Fred Dust, partner at IDEO, the workshop will explore the most impactful and relevant means by which to lead the process of imagination. *limited capacity, registration required
- Breakout meetings and networking events
- Concurrent breakouts led by the Chairs of The Vision Council's Eyewear & Accessories, Optical Lab, Lens, and Sunglass & Reader Divisions
- Select committee and board meetings
- Golf Tournament at the Diplomat Golf Club
- Opening night dinner on Wednesday, January 22 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Chairman's Networking Dinner on Thursday, January 23 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
We are very excited to reveal our agenda and announce a noteworthy lineup of speakers for our 2014 Executive Summit, said Ed Greene, chief executive officer of The Vision Council. The Executive Summit is one of the most highly anticipated industry events of the year, attracting more than 300 top executives and offering a variety of presentations, panel discussions, breakouts and - most notably - plenty of executive-level networking opportunities. This is the best place to discuss market trends, challenges, and opportunities in our industry.
To register for the 2014 Executive Summit, view the speakers' bios, and download a copy of the complete tentative agenda, visit thevisioncouncil.org/executivesummit. For more information, please contact Rene Soltis Shepherd, senior director of meetings and education for The Vision Council, at email@example.com.
About The Vision Council
Serving as the global voice for vision care products and services, The Vision Council represents the manufacturers and suppliers of the optical industry through education, advocacy and consumer outreach. By sharing the latest in eyewear trends, advances in technology and advice from eyewear experts, The Vision Council serves as a resource to the public looking to learn more about options in eyeglasses and sunglasses. Learn more at thevisioncouncil.org or like us on Facebook.