The Vision Council Holds Annual Executive Summit
Alexandria, VA (February 4, 2009)- The Vision Council officially inducted its 2009 officers and board of directors at its Executive Summit held at the Rancho Bernardo Inn in San Diego, January 28-30, 2009.
Michael Daley of Essilor was installed as the chairman, as well as James Shyer of Zyloware Eyewear as vice-chair, Doug Hepper of Vision-Ease Lens as secretary/treasurer and Larry Clarke of Satisloh North America, Inc. as immediate past chairman. Also elected for second term renewals were Pierre Fay of Luxottica Group, Donald Howard of Kenmark Group and Dick Russo of Safilo USA.
The Vision Council division chairs also serve on the board and include:
- Eyewear and Accessories Division: Andrea Gluck, Eyewear Designs Limited
- Lens Division: Raanan Naftalovich, Shamir Lens
- Lens Processing Technology Division: John Fried, A&R Optical Machinery
- Low Vision Division: Geoffrey Moss, Eschenbach Optik of America
- Sunglass and Reader Division: David Bibbey, Zoom Eyeworks
- Better Vision Institute: Tom Abbott, Everett Clinic Vision Center
This year's Executive Summit provided the over 150 attendees with an opportunity to participate in The Vision Council member, division and committee meetings, as well as a number of networking events. The Summit's keynote speaker, renowned business strategist and best-selling author of Double-Digit Growth Michael Treacy, provided valuable tips about growing the market in a tough economy and relatively flat industry. Attendees also heard from economist Jeff Thredgold who discussed the current state of the economy, financial markets government and the future business environment.
Executive Summit attendees also had a chance to play in a golf tournament on Thursday, January 29, at the resort. The Vision Council would like to congratulate the following winners:
- First place team: Grady Lenski and Connie Falvo, Transitions; Richard Daily, Shamir Lens and Joe Savaresse, Jobson
- Second place team: David Cole, Transitions; Bart Foster, SoloHealth and Barry Baressi, OD, AOA
- Third place team: Bill Harrison and Dick Russo, Safilo and Dennis Davis and Harry Aida, Charmant USA
- Closest to the pin: Pete Kehoe, OD, AOA
- Longest drive: David Cole, Transitions
The annual VisionPAC event was also held on Thursday evening. With a Superbowl theme, the event raised over $5,000 to help assist political candidates who support vision care issues.
The Vision Council’s next Executive Summit is scheduled for January 27-29, 2010, at The Fairmont Turnberry Isle Resort & Club in Aventura, Fla.
Dedicated to enhancing life through better vision, The Vision Council represents the manufacturers and suppliers of the optical industry. We provide a forum to advocate for better vision and to promote quality vision care products and services in the global community.