Lifestyles, fashion, comfort – these are all things to take into consideration when choosing an eyeglass frame. Read on to learn about the features and details today’s frames offer:
Frames come in all different materials, each with its own benefits:
- Titanium and stainless steel: Lightweight, durable metal frames that are hypo-allergenic.
- Memory-metals: A flexible material that “remembers” its original form (great for those with active lifestyles)
- Aluminum: Light-weight and high corrosion-resistant. Provides a unique look for eyewear.
- Plastic or zyl: Light-weight frames that allow for bold color combinations and patterns.
In addition, various features are also available in eyewear to enhance comfort, such as non-slip bridges (nose-piece) and gripper temples (arms) to keep the frame in place and spring hinges which in some cases can allow the temples to stretch 180 degrees.
Eyeglasses today are not only a medical necessity, but are also a fashion accessory. Advanced technology and increased attention to detail have raised the style quotient on frames, making them a style statement. From laser cut-outs to laminated colors to designer logos, choosing a pair of eyeglasses is also a fashion choice.
To learn more about the latest trends in eyewear fashion, visit our dedicated eyewear fashion website, www.eyecessorize.com or "Like" us on Facebook.
When its time to choose an eyeglass frame, everyone wants a frame looks great on them. By following a few key face shape rules, you can make sure you find the perfect frames for your face:
- The shape of the frame should contrast your face shape for maximum appeal. People with curved faces look best in angular frames and people with angular faces look best in curved frames.
- Choose eyewear that is in balance with your facial proportions. The frame size should be to scale with your face size and the top of the frame should follow your natural brow line. Eyes should appear centered in the frame.
For more shape-specific tips on finding the best frame for your face shape, click here.