Government & Regulatory Affairs
The Vision Council takes an active role in advocating for stronger public policy to protect Americans' vision and improve access to vision care products. From lobbying on Capitol Hill to monitoring legislation and regulations, The Vision Council is a policy resource for its members.
- FDA Establishment Registration Process
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
- Unique Device Identification System Proposed Rule
- California Proposition 65
- Physician Payment Sunshine Act
- FDA Impact Resistance Guidelines
- FDA Import Alert
- U.S. Regulations & Manufacturing Standards Covering Medical Devices Sold in the U.S.
- Medical Device Excise Tax
- OSHA Inspection Guidelines & HCS Requirements
- Junk Fax Prevention Act
- Changes to California Medical Device Licensing Process
- USCIC Publishes Revisions to Form I-9
Public Policy Activities
On behalf of our members, The Vision Council is on the forefront of all vision-related legislation on Capitol Hill from children's vision to military eye protection. Whether it's meeting with Congressmen or simply lending our support to a worthy piece of legislation, The Vision Council represents our members' interests in Washington, D.C.
Federal regulations have a large impact on how our members do business and The Vision Council actively monitors these regulations to provide immediate feedback to our members with an analysis of all industry-related issues. We monitor changes related to counterfeiting, tariff and trade, and all federal agencies. We update our members on any changes to these policies and work to educate the industry. We work closely with the Administration on issues that will affect our members and have a skilled team of policy professionals and legal experts to take on these challenges.
For more information on the latest public policy activities, contact Greg Chavez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.740.1399.