Federal Legislation and Regulation Efforts
Federal regulations have a large impact on how our members do business and The Vision Council actively monitors these regulations to provide immediate feedback to our members with an analysis of all industry-related issues. We monitor changes related to counterfeiting, tariff and trade, and all federal agencies. We update our members on any changes to these policies and work to educate the industry. We work closely with the Administration on issues that will affect our members and have a skilled team of policy professionals and legal experts to take on these challenges.
Browse through the list of current issues for relevant updates and check back for the latest information on issues that impact the optical industry.
Affordable Care Act & Managed Vision Care
Employment & Labor
- Department of Labor Rules on Overtime - Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Revisions to Form I-9
- Employee Social Media Policy Guidance - National Labor Relations Board
- Developments in LGBT Legal Protections
- Small Businesses Impacted by IRS Rule on Reimbursement of Employee Health Insurance Costs
Importing & Exporting
- FDA Establishment Registration Process
- FDA Impact Resistance Guidelines
- FDA Import Alert
- Unique Device Identification System Proposed Rule
- Country of Origin Marking Rules for Imported Frames