National Sunglasses Day
Brought to you by The Vision Council, National Sunglasses Day – held annually on June 27 – is The Vision Council's campaign to raise consumer awareness of the importance of wearing sunglasses to protect the eyes from the sun's ultraviolet (UV) rays, with the goal of increasing sunglass sales.
Building upon the overwhelming success of the 2017 campaign – which went viral, trending on social media and garnering more than half a billion consumer media impressions –The Vision Council is encouraging members to incorporate National Sunglasses Day into their 2018 sunwear sales plans.
TAKE NATIONAL SUNGLASSES DAY FROM SOCIAL TO STOREFRONT
It's our goal to see National Sunglasses Day 2018 promoted and celebrated everywhere eyewear is purchased by reaching entirely new markets with the message of UV protection – think large and small retail, convenience and drug stores, mass merchants, and eyecare provider offices across the country. We know these plans are put into action early, so we are arming you with the resources you need to make National Sunglasses Day 2018 a huge success.
UTILIZE WHAT THE VISION COUNCIL HAS TO OFFER
It is The Vision Council's goal to see National Sunglasses Day 2018 promoted and celebrated everywhere eyewear is purchased.
Spread the National Sunglasses Day message to your accounts – think large and small retail, convenience and drug stores, mass merchants, and eyecare provider offices across the country – and help reach consumers at the point-of-purchase. Drive your accounts to NationalSunglassesDay.com, the go-to source for marketing collateral to promote the occasion, and encourage them to utilize the offered materials.
ARM YOURSELF WITH NATIONAL SUNGLASSES DAY COLLATERAL
The Vision Council has created official National Sunglasses Day materials to educate consumers about the importance of purchasing UV-protective eyewear. These materials are versatile enough to be on display in any outlet or on any website, including logos that can be used to customize your own National Sunglasses Day promotions. The Vision Council encourages you to share these materials with your existing relationships and spread the National Sunglasses Day message. See below for a list of these materials and visit NationalSunglassesDay.com to download them all.
- Print-Ready Posters
- Web Banners and Graphics
- Circular Ad Graphics
- Social Media Images and Suggested Text
- National Sunglasses Day Logos
The Vision Council encourages you to jump on the National Sunglasses Day bandwagon and help promote its messaging. Here are a few ways you can directly get involved:
- Offer sales incentives. Consumers thrive off of freebies and discounts. On June 27, consider providing a discounted price on your sunwear products. Or start a social media challenge encouraging your followers to share National Sunglasses Day-themed posts using the official hashtags and tagging your brand(s) with an incentive to win a prize. Come up with a strategy for picking a winner, and send the winner a free pair of sunglasses. The possibilities are endless!
- Take advantage of the power of the web and social media. Share information about National Sunglasses Day via your website and social media outlet(s) – whether it's Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Encourage your followers to share photos of themselves in sunglasses leading up to and on June 27 using the official hashtags: #NationalSunglassesDay and #SunglassSelfie.
- Tap in to your existing relationships. Already have a partnership with a celebrity, blogger or influencer? Encourage them to share a National Sunglasses Day-themed social media or blog post, incorporating the messaging, using the official hashtags and tagging your brand(s).
- Plan a National Sunglasses Day event. Get your community involved by hosting an event on June 27 to share the National Sunglasses Day messaging, sell or give away your product, and have fun while doing so. Pitch your event to the media, further encouraging them to cover the event and National Sunglasses Day.
The Vision Council also encourages eyecare providers to engage their patients in discussions about healthy vision maintenance, including the impact of UV exposure as well as UV-protective eyewear options.
Be sure to share your National Sunglasses Day plans with The Vision Council so our team can further assist with and promote your efforts. In addition to the collateral pieces mentioned above, The Vision Council can provide further materials including UV research, infographics, sample social media posts and the official National Sunglasses Day logo. To keep us in the loop, receive further information, request custom materials or ask questions, reach out to Jessica Lutz, The Vision Council's marketing & communications manager. Visit NationalSunglassesDay.com for more details.