Director of Research Data & Analytics
The Director of Research Data & Analytics will champion the use of research data and analytics for TVC members and clients. This role will be responsible for establishing data management systems and policies to enable complex analysis of large data sets, developing robust market modeling sources and systems, and communicating relevant insights that can contribute to actionable and strategic business recommendations. Candidates will need experience in developing market research programs and studies, analyzing results, and communicating results through written reports and live presentations.
Candidates will also need strong communication skills to explain their analysis and win over stakeholder support for their recommendations. You will be a key member of the Research Services Team composed of highly respected, experienced researchers focused on a wide range of Brand, Consumer and Industry Research. Our team collaborates with others across the organization and membership to deliver impactful results and build strong lasting relationships.
- Oversee and lead the development of data management systems and policies for The Vision Council, including database setup and administration, data quality, data sourcing, and data analysis software:
- Database setup and administration – recommend protocol for SQL (or other) database creation and on-going administration
- Data quality – develop protocol to ensure consistency and accuracy of data from various incoming sources
- Data sourcing – identify and recommend new data source (e.g., transactional data) to be incorporate into market modeling, analysis, and reporting
- Data analysis software – evaluate and propose tools/platforms for database access and analysis (e.g., Displayr, Tableua, PowerBI)
- Create and run complex queries and develop report templates to support efficient production of quarterly market reports and custom data requests
- Manage qualitative and quantitative research projects, designing, and executing standard research methodologies, and synthesizing data from multiple sources to develop actionable insights
- Prepare presentations and deliver research findings and reports to association membership and clients
- Manage various vendors, consultants, and external partners to ensure that consistent quality control and project objectives are met
- Database administration and management (e.g., SQLServer)
- Visualization and analysis software (e.g., Displayr, Tableau)
- Business Intelligence software (e.g., PowerBI, Click)
The ideal candidate will 8-10 years of experience in marketing, consumer, or sales research. This person will also possess strong research fundamentals experience, including the ability to recommend alternative research designs, understand statistical output, and analyze results through delivery of implications. In addition, he/she will have a broad, deep research “toolkit”, including different types of qualitative and quantitative research. Although a bachelor’s degree in Market Research or relevant field is required, a Master’s degree or MBA is a plus.
Interested applicants should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Our Team
The Vision Council is always looking for dedicated and hardworking people to join our talented team in this vibrant industry. If you would like to work with us, please send your resume and cover letter to Kathleen Slack, The Vision Council’s Human Resources Director, at email@example.com. We are looking forward to learning more about you!