Join us at The Vision Council's 2015 Executive Summit – an exclusive event filled with opportunities for executive-level networking, leadership development, economic trends, and business strategies.
This year's theme is Vision 2020 - If you could see the future today, how much more effective could you be? What would you be focusing on? What would you change first?
What will the next five years bring? How will people shop? How will we sell? How will we lead and will "they" follow? What will the economy and overall business climate be and how should we position our companies and our products accordingly?
The Executive Summit is a powerful resource designed to keep you aware of the industry landscape as you chart a course for the future. Leaders in technology, business, and economics will take the stage along with your peers and engage in important conversations about the future. Don't miss the most valuable conversations of the year!
Join us and find out why scores of attendees have identified the Executive Summit as the premiere event for senior level management and business leaders.
- Keynote Speakers
- Breakout Sessions
- Industry Panels
- Registration - Now open!
- View registered attendees
- PGA National Resort and Spa
- Why Attend?
- New this Year!
- Golf Tournament - New day/time pattern!
- Frequently Asked Questions
Esteemed Thinker, Advisor, Author, and Speaker, Roger's research work is in Integrative Thinking, Business Design, Strategy, Corporate Social Responsibility and Country Competitiveness. He writes extensively and is a regular contributor to: Harvard Business Review's The Conversation blog, the Financial Times' Judgment Call column, and Washington Post's On Leadership blog. In this compelling session, Roger will share his insights on leadership from his latest book "Playing to Win" .
In this engaging and entertaining presentation based on his latest book of the same title, globally renowned futurist and best-selling author Jack Uldrich will take the guess-work out of understanding the near future by providing an in-depth exploration of how ten technological trends will transform the optical industry in the years ahead.
Entertaining and informative, this session will be a guide for protecting your wealth in an age of turbulent business cycles. Brian will reveal what it will take for individual investors and business leaders to prosper as the economy heats up prior to the predicted downturn, preserve wealth in the upcoming Great Depression, and profit on the way out of the depression. The imbalances and maladjustments have a while to play out and Brian will pinpoint the investment opportunities to be had in the countdown period.
- Economic Strategy Workshop - Brian Beaulieu, economist and CEO at ITR Economics leads this small group discussion on where the economy is headed and specific ways you can prepare to not only endure, but prosper.
- 3D Printing: The Next Industrial Revolution - Led by Product Specialist Lucas Friedfeld, this 90 minute workshop will discuss all the ins and outs of the Makerbot Replicator 2, one of the world’s most popular desktop 3d printers. You will get the most up to date information on some of the current events in the additive manufacturing space as well as how these machines are being used in the optical industry.
Watch and learn as a prototype is being printed in real time as well as have hands on experience with the machines. By the end of this session you will have an excellent understanding of the business implications of these machines and the progress of this industry. We hope to inspire your imagination of how you might apply and incorporate this new and exciting technology.
- The Big AHA Workshop: How to Future-Proof Your Organization - Jack Uldrich will facilitate a conversation centered on the specific actions leaders can take today in order to future-proof themselves, their business, and their customers against "the tides of tomorrow."
- Sales force 2020 - Presented by Todd Pierce, SVP Salesforce.com. In 2020, will our industry still see thousands of sales people driving around town all day, every day? Technology is redefining how we work, reshaping industries and creating new opportunities and the gap is growing between what customer expectations are and what companies are doing. Should you rethink how your company engages customers? How can we leverage tools to improve our sales message (top line), while improving the efficiency of our cost of sales (bottom line)?
Join Todd Pierce, SVP Healthcare & Life Sciences at Salesforce.com in a challenging "inspiration lab". You'll explore creative approaches and learn how leaders across multiple industries are transforming their customer relationships
- Trade Shows 2020 - An interactive discussion on the future of trade shows- join trade show executives as they describe what events will look like in 5 years, what they are doing to stay relevant and what exhibitors should be thinking and doing to maximize opportunities and achieve the best ROI.
- Business Strategy 2020 - In a small group setting, you will have the opportunity to participate in a timely conversation and workgroup with Roger Martin, one of the world's foremost experts on "business strategy." Roger has expanded several important business concepts in use today, including integrative thinking and has been recognized by several business publications as one of the field's most important thinkers.
- The Future of How Customers Will Buy, Part 1- The Alliances- A lively facilitated discussion on purchasing trends with key executives representing four unique approaches to business groups/private practice networks.
- Michael Block, Block Business Group
- Glenn Ellisor, Vision Source
- David Golden, PERC
- Al Ulsifer, FYidoctors
- The Future of How Customers Will Buy, Part 2- The Channels– A diverse group of thought leaders discuss the threats and opportunities related to our constantly evolving channels of distribution. How will we sell in the future? What will the new models look like? Does everyone need to disrupt their model?
- Jonathan Assayag, Founder, Lema 21, Brazil
- Carlo Primitera, President, Glasses.com
- * additional panelists to be announced shortly
- Members: $499
- Non-members: $950
- Guests (Spouse/Significant Other): $249
- The Executive Summit is THE must attend C-level business strategy and networking meeting for the industry. In 2014, we had over 300 attendees representing 158 unique companies!
- Join the lively conversations on the most relevant of industry issues. Engage with people who do the same things you do, who face the same challenges.
- Together we sort through the toughest questions, have the difficult discussions, and clarify opportunities for growing our industry and our respective companies.
- You will leave perhaps more relaxed, and definitely fortified with actionable ideas and tools to help your companies thrive.
- Expand and renew your network. Make new contacts and strengthen current relationships.
- Keynotes you won't see anywhere else - featuring Roger Martin, Academic Director of the Martin Prosperity Institute at the Rotman School of Management and 3rd on the Thinkers50 list last year. The Thinkers50 global ranking of management thinkers is published every two years and is the essential guide to which thinkers and which ideas matter now. www.thinkers50.com
- This is your opportunity to momentarily step out of your business to be a more informed, well-connected, and capable leader thanks to a robust agenda of insights, inspiration, and networking.
- Post event surveys indicate a 98% extremely/very satisfied rating with the Executive Summit.
- Golf Tournament day change: Due to the high demand and favorable response to the Thursday afternoon programming introduced last year, The Vision Council's annual golf tournament will now take place Wednesday, June 21 beginning at 8:30am. Plan your travel accordingly.
- Big idea showcase: a rapid fire succession of industry leaders sharing their "Big Idea" for moving the industry forward over the next five years.
- Expanded program: Six optional sessions offered on Thursday afternoon. Smaller group breakouts designed to be more intimate-workshop style opportunities for idea sharing and learning. Topics include, business strategy, 3D printing, organizational planning, developing your economic strategy, and a look at trade shows and sales forces of the future.
- Gamechanger discussion: Two power keynotes, Roger Martin and Brian Beaulieu take the stage together for a conversation and open Q&A with the audience.
- Division-specific business meetings, speakers, and discussions: Eyewear and Accessory, Lab, Lens, Lens Processing Technology, Sunglass and Reader.
- Increased and enhanced networking events: Breakfasts, lunches, and interactive dinner and socializing at the opening night dinner and Chairman's event.
- Expanded networking at the Chairman's after party.
PGA National Resort and Spa has long been known as the place where legends and luxury meet. But since putting the finishing touches on a multimillion-dollar renovation, they are blending the two more stylishly than ever. You'll recognize it when you enter the lobby – a contemporary-cool space where friends gather for one of the best happy hours in Palm Beach County or dinner at Ironwood, a Wine Spectator-awarded signature restaurant. You'll know it when you step into your guestroom, where the renovations overlooked no detail. You'll feel it when you drift into the sparkling-new, zero-entry pool or the rejuvenated spa. And don't forget the five championship golf courses – particularly the latest reinvention, The Fazio. All just 20 minutes from Palm Beach International Airport. Click here to learn more about the resort.
The Vision Council has negotiated tiered room rates* for attendees, providing more options in luxury accommodations. Guests can select from one of the following:
- Doubles (2 full size beds) – 392 Sq ft room ($269/night)
- Kings – (1 king size bed) - 392 sq ft room ($309/night))
- Junior Suite King (1 king size bed - limited number)– 429 sq ft room ($379/night)
Reserve your rooms now! To make your hotel reservations, please contact PGA National Resort & Spa at 888-758-0945 and identify yourself as part of The Vision Council group. You may also make reservations online. The group code, should it fail to autofill, is 13599.
Please make your room reservations by Dec 29, 2014 in order to secure the discounted rates.
*NOTE: Rooms are available on a first come, first served basis and have sold out the last 2 years. Book now to secure your preferred room.
Golfers, please see below. Tournament has been moved to Wednesday morning 8:30 AM, January 21st. Please book your travel accordingly!
For travel information and a comprehensive list of resort activities and amenities, please review the Frequently Asked Questions document (PDF).
New this year! Due to the high demand and favorable response to the Thursday afternoon programming introduced last year, The Vision Council's annual golf tournament will now take place Wednesday, January 21 beginning at 8:30am. The tournament will be held on site at the PGA National Resort. We will be playing the Fazio Course. The cost to play is $220 per person. You will be able to register for the tournament during the Summit registration process.
If you need rental clubs, please reserve them directly with the golf course at least 7 DAYS IN ADVANCE by calling 561-627-2000 ext 5559.
For more information, please contact Shannon Zelsnack, Meeting Manager, at email@example.com.
*Refund Policy: Registration and/or golf tournament fees are eligible for refund if canceled by December 21, 2014